Add multiple things
An interaction that allows a user to add multiple items of the same thing, check and add more if needed.
When to use this pattern
This interaction allows a user to add single or multiple items, check they are correct and provide an option to add more. This pattern can be used to add people to an application, add items to a list or upload files.
Follow this pattern:
- to help confirm an action
- to allow the user to change their minds
- when the action is not easily reversible
- when the completion immediately starts another process
How it works
When adding multiple items of the same thing, the pattern should:
- remember previous choices
- give clear guidance on the flexibility of choices
If your service uses this pattern, let us know of any insights you have on accessibility considerations.
This pattern is used by:
- Firearms licensing
- Refugee integration loan
More research is needed. If your service uses this pattern, get in touch to share your user research findings.
Help us improve this pattern
This pattern needs improving. We need evidence about:
- how to write for this pattern
- variations for adding multiple smaller pieces of information
- alterations for internal caseworking systems
To contribute, add your thoughts and research findings to our GitHub discussion, or follow our contribute guidance.